The book is based on the philosophy of Stoicism to help turn adversity into success using the power of perception, action, and will. It reminds us that there is always a countermove, escape, or a way through; so setbacks are only natural and don’t have to be worked up over. Just stay focused on the things you can control, and by doing so you magnify your power.
- There is no good or bad without us, there is only perception. There is the event itself and the story we tell ourselves about what it means.
- We must see things simply and straightforwardly as they truly are – neither good nor bad. This will be an incredible advantage for us in the fight against obstacles.
- Does getting upset provide you with more options? Discipline in perception lets you clearly see the advantage and the proper course of action in every situation – without the pestilence of panic or fear.
- Freedom from disturbance and perturbation – so you can focus your energy exclusively on solving problems rather than reacting to them.
- Give yourself clarity, not sympathy.