Hi, I’m Carmen.
Mom, Certified Cognitive Behavioral Life Coach, Mental/Emotional Wellness Specialist, Best Selling Author, and Advocate for Victims of Narcissistic Abuse.
My mission is to help overfunctioning and codependent women undo destructive thought & behavior patterns, so they have the confidence to defend their boundaries, find their voice, and live in alignment with their authentic selves. My personal experiences in overcoming narcissistic abuse and codependency are what fuels my passion for this work.
With over 20 years of education, training, and extensive personal and professional experiences in Mental and Behavioral Transformation, I use a combination of Strategic Intervention, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy to deliver powerful, meaningful, and long-lasting results for my clients.
As children, we learn about ourselves and the world around us through our interactions with our parents and primary caregivers (especially our mothers). We establish our sense of self-worth from how we’re nurtured, cared for, and protected from harm. We learn that we have value by their empathy in response to our feelings, wants, and needs.
Our parents and primary caregivers during early childhood are the foundation of how we grow as an individual and how we integrate ourselves in the world. However, if this important foundation is contaminated with emotional, verbal, and even physical abuse, it is very possible the child will grow into an adult with a heightened risk for anxiety, depression, self-doubt, low self esteem, lack of self worth, and self loathing.
- Maybe you didn’t receive the unconditional love and support you needed from your caregivers as you were growing up.
- Maybe you were silenced from expressing your thoughts and ideas… even ridiculed for communicating your feelings.
- Maybe you were raised to live according to someone else’s expectations and instructed to avoid disturbing other people’s comfort levels.
- Maybe you feel you can’t be loved or accepted for just being you.
Your right to freedom as an independently thinking & feeling individual has been violated. These dysfunctional adults cause serious psychological injuries to their children including:
- Constantly doubting themselves
- Low self-esteem and worth
- Lack of or weak personal boundaries
- Feeling worthless, anxious and inadequate no matter what they’ve accomplished
- Believing their worth depended on what they can do
- Leaving them without a solid example of what a healthy family and relationships looks like
- Seeking out emotionally unavailable and abusive partners who provides the familiar hurtful feelings they’ve received throughout their lives
These wounds have taken away your “permission” to SELF-LOVE and SELF-VALIDATE. They keep you from living your REAL LIFE because when someone with their own issues and self-serving agendas convinces you that you are flawed, you move forward living your every moment based on their very distorted version of who you are.
And let me tell you – progressing through your healing and recovery of childhood traumas will be FAR from easy, but once these wounds have been healed, you’ll take back your freedom to live ALL of your life.
< ! > It is strongly recommend that you work with a professional and knowledgeable therapist, counselor, or coach to help you effectively progress through your healing and recovery of childhood traumas.
I get it. I believe you. And I’m on your side 100%.
Carmen is the Founder of Carmen Sakurai, Int’l, with a BSc in Psychology and certifications in Cognitive Behavioral Life Coaching and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, as well as Mental and Behavioral Health Studies with focus on Stress Management, Burnout Prevention, Depression, and Suicide/Violent Behavior.
She has trained in Strategic Intervention which encompass: human needs psychology, strategic therapy, social action therapy, direct and indirect negotiation, structural family therapy, life-cycle theory of business organization, mediation and conflict resolution techniques, and organizational psychology; and utilize the Triangle of Conflict: a process to help individuals reconnect with core emotions like joy, anger, sadness, fear, and excitement for a more engaged and authentic Self.
As a Certified Digital Coach, she has demonstrated her ability to effectively and successfully serve her clients via digital platform.
You can find her articles on popular websites including Psych Central, Ricky Martin’s Piccolo Universe, SheKnows, Little Things, Lifehack, and Thought Catalog.
Carmen currently resides in Las Vegas, NV with her favorite son Joshua. She is an elementary grade Religious Education teacher at her church and a proactive advocate for victims of narcissistic abuse.
Visit Carmen’s Lifestyle Blog: https://ItsCarmenTime.life
- Serious bubble tea addict
- Her EOS lipbalm goes everywhere she goes
- Her idea of “working out” is hula-hooping or randomly breaking out into a Tahitian dance
- Astrological sign: Cancer
- Goes to see The Avengers movies for a glimpse of Thor
- Not a fan of her own voice… hosts three podcasts anyway
- Fantasizes being on Food Network while cooking meals
- Uses the “Enligh is my second language” card whenever possible
- Myers–Briggs personality type: INFJ
» On the nightstand…
- The Law of Divine Compensation by Marianne Williamson
- The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday
- Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz (Note: I constantly refer back to Chapters 2-5… the rest just freaks me out.)
- You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
- Mindset by Carol Dweck
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink
- The ONE Thing by Gary Keller
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Carmen’s book summaries
- Mr. Robot
- Twin Peaks
- Parks and Rec
- Wakako Zake (anime and drama)
- Samurai Gourmet
- Koufuku Graffiti (Gourmet Girl)
- Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles
- Isekai Izakaya: Japanese Food From Another World
- Attack on Titan